top of page
He was born in Murano in 1892 and in 1910 he studied sculpture with Angelo Zanelli in Rome. He returned to Murano and in 1925 he entered as a partner and artistic director in Venini & C. His creativity makes him the protagonist of the renaissance of glass art. In 1928 he experimented with the pulegoso glass and in 1932 founded Zecchin-Martinuzzi with Francesco Zecchin. He took part in the Triennale in 1933 with a series of zoomorphic sculptures and, after a long interruption, from 1947 he resumed his activity as artistic director of Arte Vetro by Alberto Seguso. From 1953 to 1958 he designed chandeliers and glass tiles for Cenedese. In the ‘60s some of his works were created by Alfredo Barbini. He died in Venice in 1977.
bottom of page